Let's do this Together
The Lhtako Quesnel 2024 BC Winter Games will be held February 22 – 25, 2024.
Over 1800 athletes, coaches and officials will be in Quesnel for the Games. Be part of that excitement!
We’re looking for 2000 volunteers to help make their experience memorable!
There are opportunities to volunteer on your feet or at a desk, behind a camera or on a phoneline, indoors and outdoors, with friends and family or independently, getting technical or getting creative, at a venue or in the kitchen. Dust off an old skill or learn a new one.
When you register as a volunteer, you’ll be asked what area interests you. It’s ok if you’re not sure – we’ll connect with you to find the right fit.
These Directorates are looking for volunteers:
- Medical Services will be at venues in case of injury or illness for participants during the Games.
These Directorates are currently full. Thank you to everyone who has volunteered to be part of these great teams:
- Accommodation coordinates school classroom sleeping arrangements for athletes, coaches and officials.
- Ceremonies & Special Events includes planning, set up and take down of special events before and during the Games, including the Opening Ceremony on the Thursday of the Games.
- Food Services will prepare and serve meals to the athletes, coaches, and officials, during the Games.
- Logistics will make sure all of the right materials and supplies are available at the right time during the Games.
- Marketing will take the photos, write the stories, and share the moments that make the Games memorable for the athletes, coaches, officials, spectators and volunteers.
- Access Control – keeps the venues, events, and accommodation sites secure during the Games.
- Participant & Volunteer Services manages volunteer registration and accreditation, the results, accreditation of athletes, coaches and officials, and volunteer appreciation.
- Friends of the Games gather donations and make sure all contributions are recognized during the Games.
- Protocol is responsible for special guests and medal presentation ceremonies.
- Administration is responsible for an information centre, managing risk, the budget, accessibility and inclusion.
- Sport works with the Provincial and local sport organizations to coordinate the venues and equipment needed for the actual sport competitions in the Games.
- Technology gathers, distributes and supports technology and telecommunications equipment for the Games.
- Transportation gets participants to and from their sport, competitions, meals, and special events, handles traffic control, and manages lost & found.
Volunteers under 19 must have their parent or guardian consent to their involvement with the Games.
Download the form (select the UNDER AGED CONSENT button above ) then complete, scan (or take a photo of the form), and send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meet our Volunteers
We're reaching out to volunteers to share their reasons for signing up to help with the Games.
What's your why? We'd love to hear from you! Share your story by emailing email@example.com