Culture of the Games
The Culture of the Games outlines and describes the expectations of those associated with the Games. It encompasses all safety and safe sport aspects of the Games and strives to inspire everyone to consider the roles they play in shaping the Games experience for everyone.
The BC Games Society strives to inspire exceptional experiences by creating a positive, respectful, inclusive, and accessible environment.
The BC Games Society believes that everyone associated with the Games and Team BC:
- has the right to participate in an environment that is supportive, positive, respectful, accessible, and that contributes to exceptional experiences
- has the responsibility to contribute in a positive way to the experiences of everyone involved in the Games and Team BC
The 20-minute module is meant to reinforce expectations and ensure that all participants are equipped to contribute to a safe and welcoming environment at the Games.
Code of Conduct
The BC Games Society Code of Conduct is the document at the core of the Culture of the Games. It outlines the rules and behaviours that are expected from all participants while attending the Games.
Each participant in the Games is entitled to an environment that promotes equal opportunities and prohibits discriminatory practices. The BC Games Society will not tolerate acts of harassment, abuse, bullying, hazing, or other such behaviours.
- viaSport - Safe Sport
- viaSport - Aboriginal Cultural Relations Module
- viaSport - Dispute Prevention and Resolution
- viaSport - Erase Bullying Resources
- viaSport - Level the Field
- Responsible Coaching Movement
- CAAWS - Canadian Association for the Advancement of Women and Sport
- CAAWS - Ethno-Cultural Diversity
- CAAWS - LGBTQ12S Inclusion in Sport
- CAAWS - Sport Free of Harassment and Bullying
- CAAWS - Resources