The economic impact of hosting the BC Winter or BC Summer Games is significant and ranges from $1.6 million (BC Winter Games) to $2 million (BC Summer Games). The financial impact comes from expenditures associated with the planning and staging of the BC Games and from spending by participants, spectators, and volunteers.
Economic impact assessments have regularly been commissioned by the the BC Games Society and/or the Host Societies. Summaries of these studies are below.
- Nanaimo 2014 BC Summer Games
- Mission 2014 BC Winter Games
- Kelowna 2008 BC Summer Games
- Kimberley-Cranbrook 2008 BC Winter Games
- Nanaimo 2002 BC Summer Games
- Victoria 2000 BC Summer Games
- Quesnel 2000 BC Winter Games