Register to volunteer and be entered to win a SilverStar prize package!
- 3 nights accommodations in a one bedroom condo
- 2 Day Lift tickets for two people
- $250 gift card
REGISTER EARLY TO INCREASE YOUR CHANCES!
Volunteers under 19 must have their parent or guardian consent to their involvement with the Games.
Download the form (select the UNDER AGED CONSENT button above ) then complete, scan (or take a photo of the form), and send to email@example.com.
If you prefer, complete a fillable PDF version here and submit that.
The Greater Vernon 2022 BC Winter Games will be held March 23-26, 2023 -- and we need you!
The young BC athletes that will attend the Games only have this opportunity because our community stepped up to host the Games - and we need community minded individuals to volunteer their time.
The benefits of volunteering range from meeting new people to connecting to your community and has positive rewards to your mental and physical well being.
Volunteer opportunities are plentiful with a wide variety of options. There is something for everyone whether you are young or young at heart. We will be gathering more than 1,500 volunteers to help with general task as well as taking on leadership roles. Our recruitment events started last spring and will continue for the next few months. Look for us out and about in the community. Last year we attended events like the Silver Star Light Up event, Vernon Viper Games, Farmer’s Markets, and Schubert Centre Pancake Breakfasts.
Volunteers are needed in the following Directorates:
- Access Control - includes: venue access and security, dispatch, etc.
- Accommodation - includes: accommodation access management (does not include suprervising participants)
- Administration - includes: information centre volunteers, risk management, etc.
- Ceremonies & Special Events - includes: event set-up and take down, activity management and monitoring, etc.
- Friends of the Games - includes: fundraising, sponsor recognition, etc.
- Food Services - includes: food preparation and service, etc.
- Logistics - includes: warehouse and inventory management, equipment deliveries, etc.
- Marketing - includes: promoting the Games, photography, news stories/reporting, social media
- Medical Services - includes: injury treatment for participants, etc.
- Protocol - includes: guest services, hosts (ambassadors), medal presentations, etc.
- Participant & Volunteer Services - includes: results, participant and volunteer accreditation, volunteer appreciation, etc.
- Sport - includes: venue management, sport support, equipment procurement, etc. (does not include officiating sport competitions)
- Technology - includes: equipment procurement, set-up, and servicing, equipment training, webcasting, etc.
- Transportation - includes: bus and courtesy car drivers, parking management, traffic control, etc.