Lhtako Quesnel 2024 BC Winter Games Job Opportunity – OPERATIONS MANAGER
(10 month term position commencing July 1, 2023)
We are seeking a dynamic, enthusiastic, confident, creative, skilled, and experienced individual to serve as the OPERATIONS MANAGER for the Lhtako Quesnel 2024 BC Winter Games. The successful candidate will be adept at leading, organizing, and managing details and people. The successful candidate will have the desire to help develop the Lhtako Quesnel 2024 BC Winter Games into a community event to remember, which will bring together up to 2,000 participants (athletes, coaches, and officials) and 2,000 volunteers.
The OPERATIONS MANAGER will report to the President, Vice President, and Director of Administration for the Lhtako Quesnel 2024 BC Winter Games and will work closely with the entire Board of Directors. This works with the 14 Directorates (operational areas) keeping all Directors and the Board as a whole informed on the progress across all areas of the Games, providing planning and administrative support (directly or delegated to the Games office staff).
The successful candidate will have experience working with a non-profit Board, on tight timelines, and a demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, multi-task, and be a strong yet diplomatic leader who can work in high stress, fast-paced environment.
The OPERATIONS MANAGER will also be required to set up and maintain a well functioning Games office and guide staff in the support of the 14 Directors and their 75+ Chairs as they plan within their areas of operation.
The OPERATIONS MANAGER will have a variety of skills and responsibilities and will have experience working with people, leading and supervising staff and volunteers, and an understanding of events. The successful candidate will have strong computer skills, be able to work long hours and weekends, as needed, be comfortable both leading and stepping back to let others lead, as appropriate, able to work independently but as part of a team, and have a strong desire to help volunteers find success in their areas of responsibility.
Duties will include: hiring and supervising all Games staff, setting up and managing the Games office, assisting the Board Members and Committee Chairs in meeting critical deadlines, assisting/monitoring the functioning of various systems and processes, coordinating securing and then distributing and dismantling of all Games property, and attending all required meetings. Past experience in event and/or BC Games planning is helpful but not mandatory.
- high school diploma or relevant diploma or degree (i.e.: sport administration, recreation, leadership)
- event / project management experience
- strong written and verbal communication skills
- competency in a variety of software applications
- budget management skills
- efficient, effective, and consistent team player
- innovative problem solving skills
- excellent time management skills
- out-going, people-oriented personality
- experience in a busy office environment
- demonstrated planning and organization skills
- excellent attention to detail
- ability to take on responsibility and use initiative to prioritize and work effectively, under pressure and to tight deadlines
- enthusiasm and adaptability
Core competencies include:
- team work
- customer focus
- time management
- adaptability / flexibility
- creative and innovative thinking
- decision making and judgment
- planning and organizing
- problem solving
- result focus
- accountability and dependability
- ethics and integrity
- mediating and negotiating
- providing consultation
- coaching and mentoring
- maintaining protocols
- continual learning
Remuneration is $4,100 per month plus 10% of salary in lieu of benefits.
Please send resume and covering letter by June 1, 2023:
President, Lhtako Quesnel 2024 BC Winter Games
410 Kinchant Street
Quesnel BC V2J 7J5
EMAIL: Brian Balkwill email@example.com President
Sandra Lewis firstname.lastname@example.org Director of Administration